Check out my current and past blogs for pictures and videos!

Click on my current Film Project

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Street Bike Road Racing Shoot



If I had the cash to layout I would definitely close the roads I shot on. I do feel fortunate for the great footage I was able to get but man, if only I didn’t have to deal with the traffic. I rode the 1986 Ninja 1000 during this scene. It wasn’t so much the traffic slowing me down that was the problem, it was the vehicles that look like they are from the year 2000 or newer ending up in the ride that is suppose to take place in 1988. The film “Ride To Live” starts in 1988 with an illegal road race that some friends of mine and I actually used to participate in. In the film a friend dies and then the film forwards to 2005. In 2005, Cole, the lead character, is forced to make the same ride again. So now you get the picture on the two different eras. During this shoot I rode the canyon between Cougar Mountain Lodge Idaho toward Cascade Idaho over and over. I did several takes with the camera mounted on the motorcycle, multiple era takes from a vehicle mount as well as stationary shots from any turnout we could find. Anywhere there was room to pull over and have Hunter run the camera on the side of the road we did. I would ride by heading both up the canyon then back down, stop for a wardrobe change and do it again. As in a gorilla shoot like this I was definitely a candidate for a meeting with the local law but it never happened. I feel fortunate that I never got pulled over.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Awesome! I was in Idaho this summer. Beautiful State. I look forward to seeing the film. I hope you get a distribution deal if you dont already have one.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Traveler said...

I ride motorcycles as well. I Have ridden Street Bikes and Dirt Bikes all over the world. Europe, The Pacific Rim, United States, Canada etc.. I love it when motorcycle movies get made and come out. I'll keep coming back and checking for updates. Good luck!

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home